Booking a 1:1 video meeting
- How do I book a meeting?
- Step 1: Browse the list of participants (the list of all registered attendees) or check the Marketplace. Via this tab, all participants have the option to post a request or a more targeted networking opportunity.
- Step 2: Use filters to find participants whose interests match yours.
- Step 3: Send meeting requests to the people you wish to meet. To increase the chance of acceptance, make sure you add a short comment with the reason why you are interested in a meeting.
- Step 4: Pick a timeslot for your meeting.
Meeting requests must be confirmed by the recipient in order to be scheduled.
- Step 5: The date and time of a meeting should be scheduled by the person accepting the meeting request, according to the mutual availability of all parties.
- Step 6: Check every incoming meeting request and accept or refuse, where applicable. It is a matter of politeness to let the requester know if you are interested in a meeting or not.
2. What if some participants can’t be booked?
Participants available for meeting requests are indicated by a green ‘available’ icon. If you are unable to book a meeting with an available participant, check the following:
- You may not have completed the registration steps. Please make yourself available (green button) for 1:1 networking sessions via My Agenda/Event Agenda.
- You may have already booked another meeting for the same time. You cannot schedule overlapping networking sessions.
Managing your 1:1 meeting agenda
1. How do I manage meetings?
You will be notified by email when you receive a meeting request, or if another participant has accepted your request for a 1:1 digital meeting. You will also receive notifications regarding last-minute changes (bookings, cancellations). You can view the date/time of your meetings via the Meetings tab at any time. Check all your pending meeting requests and consider accepting or declining.
2. How should I prepare for a 1:1 meeting video call?
In the lead-up to the event, please review the following technical considerations:
- Use a desktop computer or laptop where both a camera and microphone are installed.
- Check your audio quality: using headphones is highly advised.
- Use a good webcam for maximum image quality.
- Check your time zone by logging in and selecting ‘edit my profile’. If it's not the correct time zone for your location, please change it accordingly.
- Preferably use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge 80+ (Chromium edition) or Opera browsers, there might be issues with Internet Explorer and later versions of Microsoft Edge.
- To ensure that you are set up for your video call, please go to your Meetings tab and click on the green camera ‘meeting starts in ...’ button. This will open the video call feature of your browser.
What if your camera or microphone does not work?
- Please check that your browser does not block the usage of your camera/microphone for security reasons. Tip: Check by having a video call with some of your colleagues using another tool (Google Meet, Microsoft Teams ...).
- Depending on your browser settings, you may be asked to confirm the activation of the camera/microphone in a separate pop-up window.
Note: You can enable the microphone/camera on your browser:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2693767
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-manage-your-camera-and-microphone-permissions
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences
If none of the above works, consider switching to another device to join the meetings.
3. How do I join a scheduled meeting?
Double-check the latest version of your meeting schedule by logging onto your profile. Due to last-minute changes, your meeting agenda might change slightly.
On the day of your scheduled meeting, it is advised that you log onto the NGI Forum 2021 event platform at least 5-10 minutes before your meetings start. Go directly to the Meetings tab in the menu at the top of the screen.
- Click the green ‘start meeting’ button to join the 1:1 meeting video call.
- There is a timer on the screen during each meeting. Please ensure you respect the meeting time. This will allow you and your meeting partner to stay on schedule for subsequent meetings.
- Respect the other participants’ time and show up to all your meetings.
- If an unforeseen circumstance arises and you are unable to attend a meeting, please cancel your meetings through the platform. This way, the other participant will be notified.
4. What should you do if a meeting partner does not show up on time?
- Send them a quick reminder to join the video call.
- You can also send a message and alert your meeting partner to join the missed video call. This should work well if enough time is left for the scheduled meeting.
- In case your meeting partner does not react immediately to a reminder, as indicated above, you should re-schedule and postpone the meeting by 1-2 hours.
- If a meeting cannot be rescheduled on the preferred date, please use the chat messaging system (open the Meetings tab and view the partner’s profile) to schedule a phone call or video meeting outside the event platform.
Still have questions? Please contact the
NGI Forum 2021 support team: